The 2018 August Write Away Challenge
If you’re just joining us, please feel free to go back and read the previous content so you’re up to speed! Otherwise, scroll down for today’s prompt.
- 2018 August Write Away Challenge original post
- Day 1 – What book did you read over and over again as a child?
- Day 2 – Some of the things that make me happy are…
- Day 3 – Name three things you’d do if you weren’t so afraid.
- Day 4 – How easy is it for you to forgive those who have caused you pain?
- Day 5 – What are your best character traits?
- Day 6 – What grand adventure do you wish you could go on?
- Day 7 – Dear past me…
- Day 8 – If you could meet any fictional character, who would it be?
- Day 9 – Your favorite movies.
- Day 10 – Did you ever run away from home?
- Day 11 – How do you indulge yourself? Do you need to indulge yourself more often?
- Day 12 – As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- Day 13 – What would you do if money was no object?
- Day 14 – What one thing caught you off guard this week?
- Day 15 – The most terrifying moment of my life was…
- Day 16 – Do you have a plan? Do you need a plan? Have you had a plan fall spectacularly to pieces?
- Day 17 – What would you do if you knew you could not fail?
- Day 18 – How do you think others see you when they meet you for the first time?
- Day 19 – What is your most vivid memory of the kitchen from your childhood?
- Day 20 – Describe yourself in one word.
- Day 21 – Dear Future Me…
- Day 22 – What was your favorite subject in school?
- Day 23 – What are you looking forward to the most?
- Day 24 – What was your favorite toy as a child?
- Day 25 – What is your favorite Sunday ritual?
Keep scrolling down for today’s prompt!
Reminders before we get started:
- The prompt is to use or ignore as you wish;
- Absolutely any form of the written word is allowed;
- All participation will be on the honor system, though sharing is strongly encouraged;
- Participants will be asked to let me know each week that they’ve written daily;
- Those who do write daily for the week will have their name entered into a drawing at the end of the month for a $25 Amazon Gift Card;
- Any blogger who participates and writes every day for the month will receive a badge for your blog.
- Please send me an email or contact me to let me know you’re participating!
Sun, Aug. 26 – What are your top five short term goals?
If I’m honest, I’d have to tell you I’m not even sure what my short term goals are at this moment in my life.
As many of you know, I’ve been much preoccupied with my mother’s health these last nine months. Don’t get me wrong — I wouldn’t have it any other way, and I’d do it all over again if I had to. But it has thrown me off my game quite a bit. It has affected every part of my life; it has put on hold many things that, while important, are not immediate priorities — short term goals included. So I have to really consider this — what is happening in my life right now? What am I hoping for and working towards?
- I still have a surgery to get my mother through. We find out more about this in early September, and I’m hoping we have a green light and can get it done before the snow falls. Once she gets through surgery, she will have weeks of physical therapy and we will have to readjust ourselves to finding balance again. That is goal and priority #1 — Get mom through surgery and physical therapy.
- I may have mentioned that my amazing fella asked me to be his, like, permanently. At some point, we will have to start making definite plans for that day. That is a pretty big goal right now, something that’s taking a lot of time and thought and prayer.
- I started the process of becoming certified in my field of work, and I’d really like to finish that. It is one of the things that was back-burnered with my mom’s health. Though completely unnecessary, it would afford me a small raise at my current job and make me more competitive in the field at large. That’s a pretty important goal for me right now.
- Wicket Lake. We are so close to the end of the first draft. So close! I was never very good at building card houses. I’m a bit concerned about collapse. If this occurs, we will start over. Again. However many times it takes. For now, the goal is to finish this draft.
- Untangle some yarn. That’s my most immediate short term goal. Mom has a pile of yarn that has, over the years, become incredibly knotted. She has decided recently to go back and finish those projects, so I’ve been hired (volunteered, actually) to untangle it.
Wish me luck!
From the shores of Wicket Lake,
6 thoughts on “Day 26 – 2018 AWAC”
Best of luck Sarah 🙂
You’ll achieve all your goals .Your mother will be fine .God bless her!
LikeLiked by 1 person