The 2018 August Write Away Challenge
If you’re just joining us, please feel free to go back and read the previous content so you’re up to speed! Otherwise, scroll down for today’s prompt.
Don’t forget! Today is the final day of our first ever AWAC! Contact me to let me know that you’ve written every day this week! The drawing is tomorrow! And if you’ve written every day this month, let me know that, too!
- 2018 August Write Away Challenge original post
- Day 1 – What book did you read over and over again as a child?
- Day 2 – Some of the things that make me happy are…
- Day 3 – Name three things you’d do if you weren’t so afraid.
- Day 4 – How easy is it for you to forgive those who have caused you pain?
- Day 5 – What are your best character traits?
- Day 6 – What grand adventure do you wish you could go on?
- Day 7 – Dear past me…
- Day 8 – If you could meet any fictional character, who would it be?
- Day 9 – Your favorite movies.
- Day 10 – Did you ever run away from home?
- Day 11 – How do you indulge yourself? Do you need to indulge yourself more often?
- Day 12 – As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- Day 13 – What would you do if money was no object?
- Day 14 – What one thing caught you off guard this week?
- Day 15 – The most terrifying moment of my life was…
- Day 16 – Do you have a plan? Do you need a plan? Have you had a plan fall spectacularly to pieces?
- Day 17 – What would you do if you knew you could not fail?
- Day 18 – How do you think others see you when they meet you for the first time?
- Day 19 – What is your most vivid memory of the kitchen from your childhood?
- Day 20 – Describe yourself in one word.
- Day 21 – Dear Future Me…
- Day 22 – What was your favorite subject in school?
- Day 23 – What are you looking forward to the most?
- Day 24 – What was your favorite toy as a child?
- Day 25 – What is your favorite Sunday ritual?
- Day 26 – What are your top five short term goals?
- Day 27 – Who are three of your favorite book characters?
- Day 28 – Close your eyes and imagine the kind of world you would like to see. What is it like?
- Day 29 – What makes you unique?
- Day 30 – If you had to evacuate your home because of a natural disaster, what three things would you take with you?
Keep scrolling down for today’s prompt!
Reminders before we get started:
- The prompt is to use or ignore as you wish;
- Absolutely any form of the written word is allowed;
- All participation will be on the honor system, though sharing is strongly encouraged;
- Participants will be asked to let me know each week that they’ve written daily;
- Those who do write daily for the week will have their name entered into a drawing at the end of the month for a $25 Amazon Gift Card;
- Any blogger who participates and writes every day for the month will receive a badge for your blog.
- Please send me an email or contact me to let me know you’re participating!
Fri, Aug. 31 – Write a letter to someone who believed in you even when you didn’t believe in yourself.
After so many years of belief and study and relationship with God, the one thing that still surprises me about Him is… He doesn’t see me through the trappings of time. He sees all of me — the me I was when I was four years old; the me I am as I write this; the me that I will be when I am your age. In His heart, I am not merely the things that have happened to me or the choices I’ve made; I am the woman He is crafting into His image. He doesn’t merely see the me who needs to be crafted, He sees the me I am becoming as He crafts me.
It is a special love — a supernatural love that allows us to see others similarly, to see in faith what an individual can be and will be rather than simply seeing what that individual is dealing with at one moment in her life.
You have always been that person.
When all I could see of my life was the pain and the dysfunction and the fear and the sorrow… you saw something more. Somehow, I think, you have always known that I would be okay. I don’t know how you knew, but you did… and you never gave up on me.
From the shores of Wicket Lake,