The 2018 August Write Away Challenge
If you’re just joining us, please feel free to go back and read the previous content so you’re up to speed! Otherwise, scroll down for today’s prompt.
- 2018 August Write Away Challenge original post
- Day 1 – What book did you read over and over again as a child?
- Day 2 – Some of the things that make me happy are…
- Day 3 – Name three things you’d do if you weren’t so afraid.
- Day 4 – How easy is it for you to forgive those who have caused you pain?
- Day 5 – What are your best character traits?
- Day 6 – What grand adventure do you wish you could go on?
- Day 7 – Dear past me…
- Day 8 – If you could meet any fictional character, who would it be?
- Day 9 – Your favorite movies.
- Day 10 – Did you ever run away from home?
- Day 11 – How do you indulge yourself? Do you need to indulge yourself more often?
Keep scrolling down for today’s prompt!
Reminders before we get started:
- The prompt is to use or ignore as you wish;
- Absolutely any form of the written word is allowed;
- All participation will be on the honor system, though sharing is strongly encouraged;
- Participants will be asked to let me know each week that they’ve written daily;
- Those who do write daily for the week will have their name entered into a drawing at the end of the month for a $25 Amazon Gift Card;
- Any blogger who participates and writes every day for the month will receive a badge for your blog.
- Please send me an email or contact me to let me know you’re participating!
Sun, Aug. 12 – As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a writer. 🙂
I didn’t always recognize it as “I want to be a writer!” A lot of times the desire expressed itself in other ways, like hoping when I die I’ll leave boxes of letters and poetry to my niece, or wishing I saw my own name down the spine of some book at the library, or thinking maybe I wanted to be an academic with my own library filled with my own writing, or songwriting, or longing somehow (I didn’t understand then) for the beauty of ink on paper, or asking mom over and over and over for a typewriter…
It always added up to a dream I couldn’t quite put my finger on, but one which I understand a little better now: I want to be a writer.
From the shores of Wicket Lake,
19 thoughts on “Day 12 – 2018 AWAC”