The 2018 August Write Away Challenge
If you’re just joining us, please feel free to go back and read the previous content so you’re up to speed! Otherwise, scroll down for today’s prompt.
- 2018 August Write Away Challenge original post
- Day 1 – What book did you read over and over again as a child?
- Day 2 – Some of the things that make me happy are…
- Day 3 – Name three things you’d do if you weren’t so afraid.
- Day 4 – How easy is it for you to forgive those who have caused you pain?
- Day 5 – What are your best character traits?
- Day 6 – What grand adventure do you wish you could go on?
- Day 7 – Dear past me…
- Day 8 – If you could meet any fictional character, who would it be?
- Day 9 – Your favorite movies.
- Day 10 – Did you ever run away from home?
- Day 11 – How do you indulge yourself? Do you need to indulge yourself more often?
- Day 12 – As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- Day 13 – What would you do if money was no object?
- Day 14 – What one thing caught you off guard this week?
- Day 15 – The most terrifying moment of my life was…
- Day 16 – Do you have a plan? Do you need a plan? Have you had a plan fall spectacularly to pieces?
- Day 17 – What would you do if you knew you could not fail?
- Day 18 – How do you think others see you when they meet you for the first time?
- Day 19 – What is your most vivid memory of the kitchen from your childhood?
- Day 20 – Describe yourself in one word.
- Day 21 – Dear Future Me…
- Day 22 – What was your favorite subject in school?
Keep scrolling down for today’s prompt!
Reminders before we get started:
- The prompt is to use or ignore as you wish;
- Absolutely any form of the written word is allowed;
- All participation will be on the honor system, though sharing is strongly encouraged;
- Participants will be asked to let me know each week that they’ve written daily;
- Those who do write daily for the week will have their name entered into a drawing at the end of the month for a $25 Amazon Gift Card;
- Any blogger who participates and writes every day for the month will receive a badge for your blog.
- Please send me an email or contact me to let me know you’re participating!
Thu, Aug. 23 – What are you looking forward to the most?
There are a handful of things in my life right now that I’m looking forward to.
- Coffee. Enough said.
- Finish Wicket. Seriously. You have no idea how long of a process this has been and I just reeeeeally want to start rewriting.
- New Friends. Those of you who have reached out to me with comments and emails, I love getting to know you. I always look forward to reading what you come up with for the daily prompt, and I am thankful to have you as my friends!
- Mom’s recovery. She has been battling some medical issues since Thanksgiving, and we are finally on the home stretch. I cannot express how excited I am to go out and shenaniganate with her again!
- Getting married. I am recently engaged, and I cannot express how eager I am to become the wife of such an amazing man. He truly is a blessing to me and to my family, and it’s hard to believe I’ve survived so many years already without him. The wedding itself, I could take or leave; but becoming his wife?… there’s nothing I want more.
From the shores of Wicket Lake,