The 2018 August Write Away Challenge
If you’re just joining us, please feel free to go back and read the previous content so you’re up to speed! Otherwise, scroll down for today’s prompt.
It’s Saturday! The end of our third AWAC Week! Don’t forget to Let Me Know if you’ve written each day this week! Let’s get your name in the drawing at the end of the month for that Amazon Gift Card!
- 2018 August Write Away Challenge original post
- Day 1 – What book did you read over and over again as a child?
- Day 2 – Some of the things that make me happy are…
- Day 3 – Name three things you’d do if you weren’t so afraid.
- Day 4 – How easy is it for you to forgive those who have caused you pain?
- Day 5 – What are your best character traits?
- Day 6 – What grand adventure do you wish you could go on?
- Day 7 – Dear past me…
- Day 8 – If you could meet any fictional character, who would it be?
- Day 9 – Your favorite movies.
- Day 10 – Did you ever run away from home?
- Day 11 – How do you indulge yourself? Do you need to indulge yourself more often?
- Day 12 – As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- Day 13 – What would you do if money was no object?
- Day 14 – What one thing caught you off guard this week?
- Day 15 – The most terrifying moment of my life was…
- Day 16 – Do you have a plan? Do you need a plan? Have you had a plan fall spectacularly to pieces?
- Day 17 – What would you do if you knew you could not fail?
Keep scrolling down for today’s prompt!
Reminders before we get started:
- The prompt is to use or ignore as you wish;
- Absolutely any form of the written word is allowed;
- All participation will be on the honor system, though sharing is strongly encouraged;
- Participants will be asked to let me know each week that they’ve written daily;
- Those who do write daily for the week will have their name entered into a drawing at the end of the month for a $25 Amazon Gift Card;
- Any blogger who participates and writes every day for the month will receive a badge for your blog.
- Please send me an email or contact me to let me know you’re participating!
Sat, Aug. 18 – How do you think others see you when they meet you for the first time?
Probably not very well.
I am not outgoing. I could seldom be called “friendly,” even with my close friends and family. I am quiet, pensive, and withdrawn. Unfortunately, I suspect that often comes across as arrogant, disinterested, and aloof. If there is something that is the polar opposite of a “people person,” that’s what I am.
If you ever have the misfortune of meeting me a first time, please forgive me. Give me a second chance. And a third. And a fourth. And maybe a fifth. If, by our fifth encounter, I’ve given you no reason to smile or think I might actually be a decent human being, well… then… I completely understand.
I am a nice person. I think. Usually. If you give me time. 🙂
It’s Saturday… don’t forget to let me know if you’ve written all week! It’ll put you in the drawing at the end of the month for that Amazon Gift Card!
From the shores of Wicket Lake,